Friday, November 14, 2008

I. Am. Unbelievably. Excited!!!

My parents came to visit last week and they said they wanted to buy us a new dining set. The one we had was pitifully small. They actually got that one for us too because we didn't have a table (we didn't have children then so it wasn't a big deal to us to just sit on the couch and eat, ya know.) Anyway, we outgrew it long ago. K was still in a high chair for the singular reason that we didn't have a real chair for her. When my parents do come visit meal time is always fun. Someone sits on a step stool and another on the computer chair and we're all scrunched together thinking it'd be easier to just eat off our lap.

Anyway, back to the important part. My new table and chairs were delivered TODAY!!! I immediately wanted this set the moment I saw it, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! The wood is this caramel-y brown, there is a slate design on the backs of the chairs. AND, when I showed it to C he actually liked it too, woot! Honestly I didn't care if he liked it or not, it spoke to me, it was meant to be mine. I do feel bad about how much my parents spent on it, really wasn't expecting them to shell out a ton of money, but they are awesome and really wanted to get it for us!

So now I feel like an actual grown up, with real grown up furniture! Who knew I'd ever be so excited about furniture. Its so pretty I'm almost tempted not to allow my kids to eat on it, or touch it, or walk by it, or breathe near it...maybe I'll just kick them out of the house just to be safe. I'd post a picture of it, but I have no idea what happened to the memory card dealy that C bought after we got our new camera. I thought it was like *right here*, but its not, so now I'm wondering if I imagined the whole thing. I was sure it was there before... *scratches head* I suppose I could *gasp* read the directions on how to upload them directly from the camera...but I'm too dang euphoric about my table to be able to concentrate on something like that!!!

No comments: