Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We are nearing the end of the year...

...so I thought we'd revisit my non-resolutions for the year. How many do you think I actually accomplished???

Well lets see how I did.

The first was "Not gain any more weight". Remember I decided to lower my expectations from "Lose weight" hoping I'd actually accomplish something? Thanks to the evil Mirena I couldn't even do that *sigh*. I don't recall what I weighed at this time last year, but I'm pretty sure it was less than now.

#2 "Keep my house clean for more than a week at a time." Miracle of miracles I think I actually did this!! Of course, it wasn't until we moved to the new house...and my cleaning spree only lasted about a month...but it did really occur!


#3 "Spend less time on the computer and more time with my kids." Eh... I've had my moments. Although overall I certainly didn't do as much of this as I should have.

#4 "Get more sleep." Hmmm... K did eventually start sleeping all night long. So I suppose I do get more sleep now than I did a year ago. I still stay up way too late and have insomnia regularly. But I said get more, not get enough, so I guess this too has been accomplished, woot!

#5 "Get a job." Um, yeah, that SO did not happen.

#6 "Find a way to be happy with the life that we've been given." Honestly, that didn't happen. But fortunately our life situation changed for the better in the past few months. So much better that it has seemed too good to be true and we're waiting for reality to kick in!

Well, the year wasn't a total loss, but its a probably a good thing I didn't actually make those pesky resolutions!

No comments: