Monday, December 29, 2008

About 10 steps back in the pursuit...

So I decide today to take my brood to Walmart so they can pick out some stuff to buy with gift cards they got for Christmas. Just the 3 of them and me.

I don't know what I was thinking. Three children on the loose in the toy section of Walmart all heading in their own directions, its enough to put anyone in the psych ward for at least a month.

There was fighting and arguing and crying and whining and running off and a really grouchy mother who wanted to pretend like they belonged to someone else and quietly sneak off.

Eventually I convinced them that they should just get what they had already picked and save some money for the next time we were there. Seemed like a really good idea at the time. But now, its dawning on me that this means I'll have to take them back!

See...sanity is not even a speck on the horizon.

No comments: