Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Smart windshield wipers...

So maybe everyone's vehicle does this and I'm just peeking out from under the rock I call my life and finally realizing it...but I fully accept my rock and think that this is WAY cool!

The windshield wipers in my van actually slow down when the van stops!!!!

Lest you think that I've been partaking in illegal substances you have to understand that this has always been a huge pet peeve of mine. You know when you are driving and you have to have the wipers on so fast to keep the rain off, but the instant you stop they start to like squeeeeaaaaak across the window because there isn't enough water to push away anymore. That has always, always annoyed me.

But today as I was driving in the rain I realized that when I came to a stop the wipers slowed way down to accomdate for the decrease in water. That is just totally freaking awesome!! It's like my van could read my mind and wanted to please me.

You're wondering how long I've had this van and why its taken me until now to notice this glorious phenomena, right? Ummm, now that I think about it I have no idea when exactly we bought the van. But in defense of my oblivion, I DO live in southern California. We don't get a lot of rain here. When it does rain generally it doesn't last very long. This aaaallllll day long rain we've had today and on Monday hardly ever happens. So, its perfectly logical that I wouldn't have noticed such a rockin' feature before now. Oh, and in case you didn't know and in case you were wondering how in the heck this came to be a pet peeve of mine...I haven't always lived here, I grew up and learned to drive in a place where there is plenty of rain...and snow...and all that jazz.

No comments: