Friday, May 21, 2010

I am alive, but not fully functioning

This was another week of pretty much nothing happening or getting accomplished.  My neck strain or whatever it is has still been bothering me...A LOT.  And it was re-injured on Wednesday night by several middle of the night coughing fits, so my head is just all full of irritation about being in constant pain.

The whole week has kinda of been one big dysfunction for me.  I've been irritated like 24/7, people are annoying me left and right.  I've avoided writing anything so I didn't sound like a huge beotch, but in celebration of Friday I'll let you hear it today.  I know you're thanking me, but just maybe it'll make you feel better about your week.

My children keep bugging me about having playdates with their friends.  Why must they choose THE most irritating kids to want to play with?  R's friend is a messed up kid.  His mom died (not sure when exactly) and I'm sure he has a lot of issues that go along with that.  But while I sympathize, it doesn't make me like him any more.  E and this kid are always arguing, this kid is always lying about giving them Lego guys that he never intended to give away, he hit R in the head today (and yet R still asked me about a playdate.)  Ugh.  E's friend?  Well, there's nothing nice I have to say about that kid.  He also has a questionable family life, supposedly his dad died but I'm not sure if that's true, I do know his mom is remarried.  He has influenced E to do so many inappropriate things, clearly he is exposed to and allowed to do things that are well beyond what happens in our home.  Because of this kid E has gotten in trouble at school and at home MANY times.  And no matter what we say, this kid is more important to E than anything else.

Why can't my children pick nice, normal kids to be friends with?  Is that too much to ask?  E's friend is moving in a few weeks at least, I am forever grateful to the U.S. military for moving these people across the country.  Is it bad to say that?  It probably is.  But the thing is, I don't much care, that's how much I dislike this kid. 

Also supremely irritated at R's teacher this week.  I admit, I am totally grouchy this week.  The pain in my neck is making me very crabby and totally not in the mood to deal with anybody's crap.  But this lady and her indirect ways of commenting on R's unfinished work just hit me the wrong way.  She's been no help to him at all this year and if she's got a problem with how he's been doing then she needs to come out and just say it.  I can't help if I have no idea what is going on.

My MIL isn't at the top of my list either.  She wants E to come spend the summer with her.  She was planning on getting his plane ticket and all that.  We've been waiting to hear if she'd made the reservations yet.  Yesterday I get an email from her complaining about all that she's had to do at work and asking if I could arrange for the plane ticket for her.  Yeah, because I have nothing better to do.  The thing is, you can't buy a ticket for an unaccompanied minor on an online site.  So I can't really search for the cheapest priced airline very well.  I'm going to have to call the airline(s)...which is a big problem for me because of my whole despising using the phone with people I don't know thing.  (Oh, you didn't know about that?  I'll save that story for another day.)  So I either just pick one and not care about the price, or have to call around to several causing even more angst for myself.  The only good thing I get out of it is sending my son away for 2 months.  Oh crap, um, did I just say that out loud?  Dang...

I know there were a lot of other instances of irritation this week, those are just the main ones.  I will again hope to be back to regularly scheduled programming next week, but clearly I can't promise anything!

No comments: