Friday, May 1, 2009

When does the energy kick in?

Isn't one of the benefits of exercise supposed to be you sleep better and have more energy?? I thought so.

I need it. I need it now.

I've been working out several days a week for the past few weeks, getting back into the groove, I've done even more this week than before. And yet, I have been awake until midnight (not for any particular reason, just haven't felt tired enough to go to bed) and have been waking up around 6:30 almost every morning.

I just can't handle that little sleep. My body and brain know I can't handle that little sleep, so I don't get it.

I've made a pot of coffee every day this week. I am not a regular coffee drinker, so that's a big thing. (And I'm only drinking it in the morning...so that's not what is affecting my sleep.)

Somehow I have to clean my entire kitchen, get another workout in, shower, pick up my boys from school, hound them to finish the stuff they are supposed to clean, get to a store to get more pull ups for my daughter, and clean up every room in the house AGAIN after that same hurricane girl plows through them.

All before 6:00 when the babysitter is coming. All without falling dead asleep while standing up.

So, you hear that energy??? You need to get in gear, and soon!

No comments: