Thursday, April 30, 2009

Creepy Crawlies

One thing I've always been squeamish about is spiders. I hate them. They freak me out. It used to be that I'd never ever come close to touching one no matter what. Of course I grew up and realized I had to be more mature about it and would kill them if I found them...the little ones anyway. The big ones...forget about it. I'd rather leave my house and all my posessions behind. As any respectable spider hater I am especially freaked out about the idea of black widow spiders. Until today I'd only ever heard about them and seen pictures. But now my life is changed.

R came running to me saying there was a spider in their outdoor toy box and I had to go look at it. I really didn't want to go look at it. I was about to just tell him to ignore it and stay out of the box...but at the last second I decided I'd humor him and check it out.

And there is was. A big, black spider. Ewwww, just kill me now, how the heck am I going to kill THAT?!?! But then I noticed something, and I looked closer...oh crap, seriously kill me because that thing is no ordinary spider, there's a freaking red hourglass shape on it!

Of course I can hide my freaking out even though I really want to run far, far away...but R is now freaking out (what the heck do they teach kids about spiders in 1st grade anyway???) and there's just no getting around it, we have to do *something* about it.

I immediately decide the best course of action is to call my husband and tell him he needs to come home NOW to kill the damn thing.

Thankfully he misunderstood me and thought it was in the house, because he DID come home right away and he did kill it for me despite it actually being outside. Aww, he's such a great guy!!

No comments: