Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby steps

I know I said I was sick of hearing myself talk about this...but I'm kinda bored and I'm avoiding the massive mess that's taken over my house.

So I just did my 3rd day in a row of cardio, woot! *happy dance*

Really its not MUCH to be excited about, I did the elliptical for 15 minutes on Wednesday, 17 minutes on Thursday, and 19 minutes today. But after not being able to do ANY exercise for over 2 weeks due to my back problem and then I got sick and wasn't feeling up to much, it had been 3 weeks since I'd moved much at all.

I knew I'd be miserable if I tried to jump right back to where I'd left off prior to my back getting hurt, AND I was still coughing a bunch...so I figured I had to start somewhere. Much to my surprise it wasn't that tough doing those 15 minutes and it felt really, really good.

I really have a love/hate relationship with the elliptical. Sometimes it feels great, like I'm running on air, and I could keep going and going...and I love it. And other times it feels like I'm running up a mountain where there is very little oxygen and my lungs want to burst out of my chest...and I hate every second of it.

Although I suppose I feel that way about pretty much every exercise. Sometimes its great, more often than not it sucks. Depending on what it is it either feels awesome or horribly painful when its done.

I always think about those poor people on the Biggest Loser. They have to be sore 100% of the time...for weeks...on end...never stopping...only getting worse. I'm sure I'd have a hate only relationship with exercise if I was on that show.

Anyway, hopefully this will be a start to slowly getting back on the workout wagon and nothing will get in the way of me staying there this time!

No comments: