Thursday, April 15, 2010

I don't wanna!!!

Said in my best 2 year old tantrum throwing, whining, yelling, kicking, throwing things voice.

That is how I've felt every morning this week.  I decided that starting Monday I was going to get up early to exercise.  I was tired of having too many other things get in the way later in the morning and ending up skipping it day after day. 

The problem is, my kids wake up at the crack of dawn and start stomping or shouting or crying or asking for things practically as soon as their eyelids open.  Which means I have to be on them every 30 seconds for quiet because my husband doesn't go to bed at a normal time and doesn't appreciate noise when he is sleeping.  I do not appreciate having to do that AND workout at the same time.  So getting up early for me means getting up extra early so I can finish before the natives get restless.

Even though I decided that's what I wanted to do and it was my completely my choice...I am still not happy about it.  Not happy at all.  Every time the dang alarm goes off I am screaming in my head that I DO NOT WANT TO GET OUT OF BED!!  It doesn't matter that I won't be able to sleep anymore, I just don't want to get up.  Period.  I did on Monday and today, but Tuesday and Wednesday the toddler in my head won.

Weight loss self-sabotage...  If there is one dysfunction I wish I could get rid of for good it's that one!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I have been that way for 4 days now. I'm in complete sympathy with your inner child.