Thursday, April 29, 2010

Brain vacation

I'm having one of those weeks where I can't seem to accomplish anything at all.  Truth be told I have a lot of those weeks, but that is why I haven't posted in a week.  I've had laundry to do that I can't seem to remember.  It doesn't help that I knew I was low on detergent, and yet made a trip to Target totally forgetting to buy more.  A co-worker of C's who likes our kids is coming to babysit on Saturday.  And instead of keeping the house picked up so I don't have to bust my ass cleaning all day Saturday, I've let it slowly collect more and more crap so that I more than likely will have to bust my ass cleaning all day Saturday.  It is now almost 3 pm, I've been telling myself all day that I would start cleaning the downstairs.  And I've accomplished exactly...2 loads of that laundry (which originated upstairs.)  And now, here I am, writing a blog post instead of doing anything productive. 

Further proof that my brain is not functioning on all cylinders...on Tuesdays the boys get out of school at 1:40 instead of 3:20.  It is this way every week as it has always been, even at their old school Thursday was an early day.  At 2:00 on Tuesday the phone rang, I see it's from the school, I think "Oh great, who's sick/got in trouble/what dumb recorded message do I have to listen to now?"  Then I hear the office lady's voice "Mrs. Fischer, it's Tuesday."  CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.  (And, um, no, this is not the first time this has happened, not even the first time this year, and likely won't be the last. But, but, but...I only did it once last year and that was at the beginning when I wasn't yet used to a different day, or maybe it was twice last year, I can't remember.  And I've only done it twice, er maybe 3 times, this year.  That's not bad, right?  Right?  There's always other kids wiating in the office too, so I can't be the only one.)

Eh, who needs to be on top of things?  Cleanliness and organization is overrated.  And having my kids come home after school is highly overrated.

P.S.
In case anyone might be wondering how E is doing after poor Harry's demise.  We had a small funeral for him on Saturday morning and buried him in the yard.  We put roses from our rose bushes on his grave and E made a grave marker for him.  He was sad, but that didn't keep him from obsessing over how soon we could get to the store to get a new hamster.

And so, off to Petco we went, and came home with a new little rodent.  E wasn't so happy about him at first, he was quite skittish and didn't want to be touched, much different from Harry who was very sweet and enjoyed being held. We gave him the name Zeus in honor of E's current obsession with Greek mythology.  He bit me, he bit E.  BUT, all is well now.  He has calmed down and will allow the kids to hold and pet him.  He loves running on the wheel, and destroying the cage every couple days.  He's darn quick though, if he ever gets loose I don't think we'll ever catch him!  Which may be good, because if he ever got loose Abby the dog would love to "play"!   

No comments: