Monday, September 22, 2008

How do they have SO much crap?

I spend 95% of my time while I'm in any store saying things to my kids like "No, I'm not buying that today...No, I'm not buying that for your birthday...No, I'm not buying that because you picked up a kleenex off the floor and threw it away...No I'm not buying that because you went to school today when you didn't want to...No, you don't have enough allowance to buy that for yourself...No, no, no, no, no!!"

I'll save my rant for another day about how I hate raising children in a place like where we live and the attitude of entitlement/greediness/spoiled-ness (is that a word?) that seems to exude from every where here.

And yet despite my hardly ever buying them anything, they still have like 15 times more junk than C & I do? C spent most of the day in there room sorting and organizing toys on Sunday, and yet there is still a TON of stuff everywhere! I think it must multiply in the night, its just never ending. I don't even want to go in that room anymore because its so overwhelming. I just don't get where it all comes from, aaaaahhhhh!!!!

I just don't know what to do with it. I don't even have the motivation to get rid of it on Freecycle, it takes too much work to sort through it all. I'm glad that someone else is going to pack it all up for me when we move...but I still have to unpack it and figure out where to put it...I think I've got it worse.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Kinsey's room is the same way. I keep getting rid of stuff and some how she still has tons of crap!

Some how I've missed your blog in my list and not read for awhile. Just looking over my list tonight and found you again! I'll go back and catch up. :-)

Donna @ Snowbound said...

Yup and it's threefold with 3 kids. I remember when I had just one how horrible it was and now with 3, it's get out the shovel. I have it all in one playroom now but still it's so overwhelming and I go through every 6 months take out anything broken and give away what they've grown out of and it's just crazy. The same for clothes. I have a pretty good system for clothes now but it's just so much. I feel your pain. Good luck with the move.