Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So awhile ago I taught myself how to knit...

The only problem was I couldn't figure out how to read a pattern to save my life, so I never really did anything with my meager knitting knowledge. Not long ago I decided to pick it up again and see if I could do any better the second time around. This time I did a google search for easy knitting patterns, hoping there had to be someone out there like me who needed to have it explained to me like I was 2 years old. And so I made my first completed knitting project...a dishrag. Which will probably become unraveled should I ever use it because I was too lazy to weave in the ends of the yarn and just cut them off. But here it is...



Fresh off my knitting victory I joined a "Knit-Along" with a few other moms from the Granola Chicks board. We are all knitting the same thing and posting our progress. I finally got mine underway. We are making a neck warmer, kinda like a scarf, but small to fit just around your neck.

Ok, if you can't picture it, here it is...



And here is mine so far, I think its about 4" long so far and its supposed to be 16" when finished.

No comments: