Monday, February 26, 2007

Why Do I Want To Lose Weight?

"The Best Life Diet" question #2...

I want to lose weight because I hate the way that I am. I hate that I use food to solve all my problems or to just make it through the day. I don’t want to look the way I do anymore. I know other people look at me like I’m a freak, I know this because I look at people bigger than myself and think “wow, how can they let themselves get like that, that’s disgusting.” I don’t like what I see in the mirror, I want that to change. I know that what I see in the mirror isn’t what I really look like, I’ve seen pictures of myself and I’m always shocked at how big I am. I don’t know how, but what I see in the mirror isn’t my true self…and I want to be able to see who I really am. I want to be more attractive to my husband. I know he loves me the way I am, but I don’t think he’d complain if I lost 100 lbs or so. I don’t want my kids to be embarrassed by me. I want to be around to see my kids grow up, get married, have their own kids…and I know I might not be if I continue the way that I am. I want to be able to go into any store and buy clothes that I like and feel good about myself finally. I’m tired of feeling so big and heavy, I want to be light and energetic.

No comments: