Thursday, August 13, 2009

So I survived...

I made it through the interview and it, of course, wasn't nearly as stressful as I made it out to be. What it was, was weird. It was in groups, there were about 12 applicants in the room. One lady asked questions, one listened and wrote things down. They asked us all 4 questions and we went around the room anwering them. Now I know I haven't interviewed for anything in a really long time, and never for a place needing an entire store's worth of employees at once...but I've never heard of such a thing before tonight.

I'm not totally sure how they could determine which people they want to hire that way. You can't tell much about a person when they spend no more than 5 minutes talking to you, and many just repeated what others had said. I was especially confuzzled about the merits of this method after they said they had interviewed over 1,000 people and were filling 125 positions. As soon as she said that I was like, ok, thank you, I'll be leaving now.

Oh well. I'm not feeling hopeful, but I also don't feel like I bombed either. Who knows. If I am meant to get this job, I will get it. And, regardless, all was not a total loss...I got to go shopping *by myself* and got a new outfit out of the experience!!

No comments: