Monday, August 3, 2009

I think he's doing it on purpose...

As much as I despise summer break, I almost equally despise making lunches for my children every day. Not enough to wish that they didn't have school mind you, but it definitely is near the top of my list of things I'd rather not have to do. I have a hard enough time coming up with ideas for meals to eat each night for dinner, you think I really have brain cells to spare for lunch menus???

All last year E brought his lunch to school, mostly because I was too lazy to figure out the lunch system after they started at the new school. I was annoyed almost every morning trying to come up with things to give him, he might not have cared much about eating the same thing all the time, but I was irritated making the same things. There were times he asked if he could buy lunch, but I always had some reason for not figuring it out, which, thinking back on it, was really dumb on my part.

With the new school year coming upon us I thought, hmmm...maybe he can just buy lunch this year. He liked buying lunch in 1st grade at the old school a couple times a week, he'll certainly think this is a GREAT idea!!! I checked it out, lunches only cost $2 each, that's really not bad, and adding in the reduced work for me, totally worth it...I think its a great idea!

So I asked him and he seemed unsure. I told him he could have time to think about it. Of course I'm thinking this is a no brainer, right? Well a day passes and he comes to tell me he's decided...he doesn't want to buy lunch, he wants to keep bringing it from home.

Gah! Seriously???

You think if I make him peanut butter & jelly EVERY DAY he'll get sick of it and change his mind? Wait, no, that won't work, he LIKES pb&j.... Ooh, I know, tuna sandwiches! That should do the trick!

Oh, and lest you think I'm starving my other child...R doesn't actually eat lunch at school, well, he eats like 4-5 bites, literally, and only because we have people watching him to insure that he does so. So him buying would just be a total waste of money...so I'll just have to be annoyed about packing his lunch until a miracle occurs.

No comments: