Thursday, January 18, 2007

It never ceases to amaze me...

It isn't very often that our living room is clean. 99.9% of the time there is so much crap laying around that you can't take a step without doing some sort of evasive maneuver to keep from landing on your ass on top of a toy airplane or something. But on those rare occasions when you can actually see the color of the carpet this amazing thing happens to Ethan and Ryen. They'll run and run around like they've never been allowed to move in an area bigger than a square foot before. They go nuts, its quite hilarious at first. And then they start body slamming each other and someone gets hurt or they pick on the dog, etc., etc., etc. and my amazement of it all wears off rather quickly.

Today happens to be one of those amazing days. But something about today made it even more amazing...they HELPED me clean it up!! And they even did it without whining, yelling, or having me repeat myself 15 times for each thing I ask them to pick up. I'm marking this day on the calendar.

No comments: