Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Are you smarter than a 2 year old?

Apparently I am not. A week and a half ago K was playing with a small hand mirror of mine that I use practically daily when putting on my makeup. She also found my Tweezerman tweezers (my $20 Tweezerman tweezers, for anyone not familiar) and took those off with the mirror. She had been playing near the laundry baskets. I didn't see her go anywhere else with them.

The next day I can't find my mirror but don't really have time to search for it. A few days later I notice how terribly out of hand my eyebrows are getting and realize...now I can't find my tweezers. Ah, right, they were confiscated by a toddler. Well, they have to be around somewhere. I search in all the obvious areas that could be seen. Look in her room. Dig through ALL the laundry. Poke through the trash. Neither the tweezers or the mirror are to be found. The mirror I can live without, the mirror only cost a couple bucks, but I seriously don't want to lose $20 tweezers! (Don't bother to ask why I must have $20 tweezers, I just do, ok?)

Day after day goes by, still don't find them.

Yesterday I look in the way back of a bathroom drawer for something (a drawer that I get stuff out of EVERY DAY, this is important in a moment...) and literally as I'm shutting the drawer I spot something red out of the corner of my eye. Something red...oooh, oooh, its my tweezers! Finish shutting the drawer. Wait, what? My tweezers!! My tweezers are right here in the middle of the drawer, practically under my nose, I probably could have poked myself with them. Well then where the heck did my mirror go??? Surely that couldn't be so obviously in this drawer that I look in every day. And yet, I open the drawer and there it is, my mirror, sitting right next to the tweezers.

My not quite 2 1/2 year old daughter played with my stuff and then she...put it away.

Oy. What does that say about me that I wouldn't even think to look in the dang bathroom drawer???

Well, for one, it says I never put my own crap away. And, it definitely says that my 2 year old is smarter than me!

No comments: