Wednesday, February 6, 2008

From "never gonna be good enough" to "poster child"...

So anyone remember all the crap I had to go through in order to get R into that hospital feeding program? In short it took forever, they didn't think he was ready and constantly made up new reasons when called on the ridiculousness of their previous ones, I could never get any info from anybody, they kept making us jump through all these hoops and when we did would still say R wasn't ready, yadda, yadda, yadda. They finally let him in but I'm certain a huge part of their decision to do that was based upon the fact that they were sick of my bitching to them all the time about their incompetancy and hypocrisy.

Of course, he goes through the program and lo and behold a miracle occurs!! He started at 100% tube fed and ended at 0% tube fed. In the room with these people who didn't think he was even nearly ready for their program the air was so thick with the shock at how well he did and with the pleasure in themselves you could slice it. He has now been completely off of tube feedings for almost 6 full months. I bet they are still patting themselves on the back...

Really, I'm trying not to be bitter, I AM thankful that my son is eating, but at the same time these people really ticked me off and still irritate me beyond belief and I can't let it go. No, that's not it...I just don't want to, LOL.

Ooooh, but now guess what they want to do??? Put his story on the front page of a newsletter for the hospital!!! This newsletter that goes out to the people who give them money to run the program! Whaddyaknow! The director of the program keeps making sure that I've spoken to the woman in charge of R's story, she REALLY wants him to be on the cover. Shocker!

I *might* feel a bit better if any of them would admit they were totally wrong, oh and apologize for not letting him in a year earlier the first time they evaluated...yeah right, not gonna happen!

2 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Hello - ran across your blog was wondering how far apart your children were?! I have a 7 month old - will be 8 motnhs is 1.5 weeks and I am expecting bundle of joy #2 in August - they will be 15 months apart - loved your title blur and am looking forward to reading about the cazy life with 3 kids!
MBKimmy

Amanda said...

My boys are 14.5 months apart, and then my daughter is 4.5 years younger than my youngest son. Its fun having kids so close in age...until they get to be 2 & 3 years old, its all downhill from there, LOL! Good luck and congratulations!