Monday, December 24, 2007

So its Christmas Eve...

And we're back to celebrating all by our lonely, miserable selves. Granted we didn't want to travel this year after doing it two years in a row, and granted we have absolutely no money to go anywhere even if we wanted to...but still. It always makes me sad for my kids when holidays come and its just us.

I didn't have the biggest or most loving family growing up, but there were always holiday gatherings with lots of yummy food and goodies. Lots of talking and sometimes movies or game playing. Lots of laughing and joking around. All that times two since mine & my mom's and my step-father's families all lived close.

But because we have no one here and are generally the most boring (and broke) people in the world...my poor, neglected children get to celebrate by sitting around at home all day long doing nothing. To them, Christmas is basically just about getting gifts because we either can't afford or aren't creative enough to do anything else. Every year I vow to change that, but every year something always gets in the way. And I suppose I don't have anyone to blame but myself. Someday, someday...

Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments: