Monday, April 19, 2010

Still recovering

This weekend my oldest son had a sleepover on Saturday and my younger son had a playdate on Sunday.  It was awful...for me.  I don't particularly enjoy having extra children around.  Ok, without their parents I don't enjoy it.  It's great to have friends of mine/ours over hanging out and our kids are playing together, that's fun.  At least I can try to ignore my own kids by having a conversation with someone else, and they can discipline their own kids.  But kids here by themselves, ugh.  They are always too loud and obnoxious for me, makes me feel like a grumpy, crotchety old lady. 

I don't like feeling like a grumpy, crochety old lady. 

Because of this I avoid these kind of get togethers as much as possible.  This weekend, it wasn't possible, one was asked of me by the mother and begged of me by the child...the other I thought was going to mean sending my kid off to someone else's house, a thought I was quite wrong about.  There was a lot of noise, and lot of pushing of the behavioral boundaries, and not a lot of sleep.  Which meant when all was said and done there was a lot of crying and whining and rule breaking.  So as much as I don't enjoy the actual event, the fallout is even worse.

So, I didn't get to post this weekend, and I'm too tired and have too much of a headache to come up with anything interesting to write today.  I guess I could just call this my daily dysfunction, being a parent who wants my kids to be sociably and have friends, but doesn't want those friends to come to my home.

No comments: